Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Instruments of torture.

When your in pain . . . You'll try anything.

My back machine is great for about mid chest down. I've had it for years and it's worked for the other spots in my back. As good or better than a chiropractor. Not working for the problem spot I've currently have.
Inflatable neck traction. This is fairly comfortable. You can watch tv while you play with it. Downsides are it presses on your collar bones and makes them sore and it doesn't get far enough down the neck to hit the spot that's bothering me.
I currently have this set up in my office, but I wouldn't want to use this for hours of tv watching anyway. I do about 15 or 20 minutes at a time. Downsides; to open the joint bothering you it pulls at all the joints in the spine. This makes the tendons and joints sore. (maybe I should use a little less weight). Other major downside is the main strap is pulling your jaw up and clenching your teeth together. I definitely recommend an athletic mouth guard to cushion the teeth.

1 comment:

RogueandPoet said...

Hi"

By way of Zeta Woof I found your site. I'm busy promoting my new Rogue Valley website www.rogueandpoet.com This site is dedicated to promoting the artists and musicians in the valley. I'm kinda doing the same thing with Rogue Valley Bloggers. On my blog on the site the only links I'm giving out are those of Rogue Valley Bloggers. I would like to include you if it's okay...you are Rogue Valley right?
So would you drop me a line and say hi and maybe have a look at my site?

Thanks

John Eyler