Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday morning

Friday morning. Four days since the surgery. It seems much longer and when I'm thinking I should be better by now I must realize just how short the time has been. I still have a fair amount of pain on the right side (The left side is what started this). I'm assuming it's just side effects and will go away. I have a paranoid fear that having fixed the left side and removing the disc, it's now compressing down on the right side and we'll have to go in and fix that also. I'm doing my best to say it's just side effects from the surgery in that area and give it a chance to have the swelling come down.

I'm doing better at sleeping. The turning from back to side is easier as the neck seems to gain strength and I'm less cautious about moving about. I spent all day Thursday in my pajamas. A few hours up and then back to bed. Tuesday and Wednesday were similar but with less frequency. Thursday I think I must have gone back to bed four times.

When I looked at the incision yesterday it actually looked worse. The bruising is turning lovely shades of purple and yellow.

I would love to go for a walk and get the blood moving and stretch a bit, but the chances of slipping on the ice and wrecking havoc on recent spinal work is too much.

I have my first follow-up appointment with the neurosurgeon next Friday, the day after Christmas.

No comments: