Friday, January 16, 2009

I see dead coffee.

Seven Cups of Coffee a Day May Lead to Hallucinations

Jan. 14 (Bloomberg) -- Consuming the caffeine in seven cups of instant coffee a day may leave you more likely to see, hear and smell things that aren’t there, U.K. researchers said.

People who drink at least 330 milligrams of the stimulant a day were three times as likely to have hallucinations as those who consumed less than 10 milligrams a day,

-snip-


One 16-ounce Starbucks Corp. drip coffee also has 330 milligrams of caffeine, according to the Starbucks Web site.


I think the first hallucination is the belief that a cup of coffee is worth paying $4.75 for.
OK, let me correct that; That your daily cup of coffee is worth $4.75. (If I'm on vacation or a date I sometimes make exceptions for caffe-mochas).

On a side note; one of the benefits here at HP is the free coffee/tea/cocoa available in all the coffee/vending rooms.

No comments: