Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Whoa! . . . Stop that! . . . Too Soon!

I was just saying a couple of days ago, "It's too soon to think about another dog". I don't want to house train another dog in this weather. We should wait a couple of months. There should be a proper mourning period.

But look at this face . . .
Although Marshall wasn't much of a play-mate in the last 6 months, he was a companion for Toby. We've always thought that dogs shouldn't be single children left at home alone. So at some point we'll get Toby a friend.

But not yet . . . so why am I looking at the Humane Society web site???

That's Sara by the way. A Flat-Coated-Retriever / mix, 7-1/2 years old. Toby is a Flat-Coated-Retriever and is 8 years old.

Update: Beth works Tuesday nights, so on my way home from work I detoured to the Humane Society to look. Just to look . . . Ok, Sara here is much bigger than I pictured. The only one that screamed "take me home" was a 14 year old small dog whose owner had to go to a retirement home. The little dog is scared stiff and just sat there and shook from head to tail.

No comments: