On further inspection this morning I decided my "Orange Peel" texturing of yesterday was far too smooth. I tried a little paint on a couple of spots and decided that several layers of paint would probably result in a smooth surface again.
Went to HomeDepot and bought more plaster. Dad had brought all the plaster when he was here previously and I wasn't aware of the cost. Yeah. . . it cost me a whole $7.44 to re-shoot the entire kitchen with a new coat of texture, and had some left over. The new texture is still what we might call an orange-peel quality, but at least I'm fairly sure it won't disapear under a few coats of paint.