Saturday, September 12, 2009

Right Wing Extremist

Went to a political rally today.

Held in Salem on the steps of the state capitol. Put on by a group of organizations. I didn't bring a camera or take notes so I can't accurately list their names. One was a 9/12 organization (a Glenn Beck movement), another was OregonPatriots.com, another was Capital City Republican Women (?). Each had a spokesman to give a speech. Kevin Mannix spoke also, as well as Matt Wingard (Oregon State Rep, Wilsonville).

My best guess at crowd size would be around 1500. There were several rallies today including one at Vancouver for the Portland/Vancouver area. At one point I walked around looking for media. I saw a couple of photographers with professional looking cameras, but saw no recognizable news crews.

Looked around, listened, clapped, shouted, . . . bought a hat.

No comments: