Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 5 snag

In the transition to regular food and non-intravenous painkillers we've run into what I would have thought was an easily foreseeable problem of extreme constipation. Also showing up is that little nagging infection or whatever has been causing my sweats, chills and tremors every so often throughout the week.

Anyway it's been a thoroughly bad day and I'm spending another night. I am sick and tired of being sick and in pain and I am 100% old-man-grumpy about it.


02:00 in the morning Update:
To leave out a long explanation, the essential points are my bowels have been blasted back into operation, although leaving them painfully irritated. I'm again using the I.V. pain killers, but I suspect it's mostly for the convenience of the nurses as it is very strong, effective, and quickly shuts up the grumpy old bastard.

I've sorted out all that has happened and the most reasonable explanations of why (too long to post right now), and I'm fairly satisfied that I can be discharged today (It's now Friday). I'm sure the doctors will agree in the morning.

1 comment:

Susan English said...

Hurray! Get yourself OUT of there. TAKE control Bro!
I'm hoping to hear from you at home next time.