Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hospital Day 5 morning

Breakfast from the cafeteria kitchens today: Herbal Lemon Tea (no thank you), Hot Broth (mix it yourself from a little packet), "Jello, Red", "Jello, Yellow", Cranberry juice cocktail cup (saving for later).

Eating is causing the bowels to try and move, but what's in there hasn't moved since Sunday and doesn't want to. Cramping pain and gas with some belching for relief. Finally got my pain med I rang for an hour ago.

The Pancreatitis pain is gone, replaced the a pain throughout the bowels. I had this sort of pain before and my internet diagnosis was "Irritable Bowel Syndrome". Not to be mixed up with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. In the few times I've had it over the last5 years I found the best treatment was mild diet, rest, and Pepto-Bismol.

The Nurse says the "Lipase" levels are back to normal. This is the primary blood test indicator of Pancreatitis.

1 comment:

Gordon R. Durand said...

A common side effect of the opioids (ask any heroin addict) is constipation.